Thursday, May 29, 2008

Guilty Pleaseures of Summer Time!

There is a sun...a light that for want of a better word

I can only call yellow, pale sulphur yellow, pale golden citron.

How lovely yellow is!

~Vincent Van Gogh







This is just one of the sunflowers that are the fruits of my labor! I am so excited to get up and see them every morning and every afternoon when I return home from work. They just make me smile!



How are you spending your Summer Time, Summer Time...Sum, Summ, Summertime?





I just love to read and usually have 2 or 3 books going at once. But, when I found this one, everything thing else was left on the nightstand. It was so good. I took it to the ranch with me. I don't read a lot of fiction, so it was a real treat. The second book in the series was on a display in the bookstore. But, when it mentioned that there was a first, I had to track it down! Sometimes you just gotta start at the beginning! Marisa De Los Santos is the author, these are her first novels. I'm hooked.





And another guilty pleasure....knitting! I am knitting a scarf. Pink, because I love it! I am learning that we don't have much of a selection of yarn in my area. I took a knitting class right after I graduated from high school. It was taught in a fantastic yarn shop. But, I haven't knitted much these past couple of years. Until I came across this gorgeous pattern, I hadn't looked for much that my local craft store couldn't offer! Now, I am going to have to start ordering online, I guess. If you have any suggestions. Please let me know.






No comments: