Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long and Winding Road.....

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. ~ Edward Abbey





Took some time off and went to our ranch in New Mexico. It was 86 degrees the day before I left home in Louisiana and 47 degrees when my plane landed in Albuquerque! Totally different wardrobe required! Our ranch is closer to Santa Fe than Albuquerque but it's a nice ride from the airport.

Long winding roads.........



Check out this view! Our camper is 25 feet long but looks like a speck!


Guests?! These are the slow pokes that I was able to catch!



Cutie pie chipmunk! (Thanks to the zoom lens!)




This is my hummingbird feeder from last July! Thank goodness it survived the winter. Soon as I arrived, I made a syrup for them. You know the sugar and water one? (1/3rd cup sugar to 2 cups water.) They love it!

We were lucky enough to see a rare hummer pass through on his migration flight last year. I had a different digi camera and it wasn't fast enough to catch a shot good enough to share!



Can't you see these two in a commercial? They seem to be visiting; a couple of guys just hanging out!

Who's watching who???

What a sunset! The perfect end to a perfect day.

I'll show more pic's of my trip soon!

No comments: