Monday, June 2, 2008

The Fun of Foraging

Can you feel it? It's that time, again. Yard sales, garage sales and weekend flea markets have geared up! I love it! Do you spend time treasure hunting on weekends, too? I also have a couple of antique shops that I love to visit. This one happend to be on my route when I ran an errand Saturday! Lucky me!

Appropriately named: Finders Keepers! Hmmm.....see anything you like? Me too! My grandmother had yellow chairs like the green metal one in front! Loved those chairs!

Is white wicker a weakness for you, too? Can't you just see a pretty floral cushon in this chair?



Vintage sheet music, anyone? I simply couldn't leave it behind! I think it may have come from a teacher's collection!

Pretty wooden spools. I believe that I am going to put my embroidery thread on them to keep it from getting tangled. What do you think? Maybe I'll just look at them for a while.

Sweet linens......and vintage Vogart embroidery patterns! I was so excited to find these! I started a pillow case last summer. Now, I'm inspired to get it completed so that I can embroider something else! What should I do first?
The whole thrill of junking is that you just know the next table will have what you've been looking for all of your life.
~Mary Randolph Carter





No comments: