Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekends are for...

Whether you come to visit or just to rest, when you enter our door may your heart be blessed.
~Anonymous



Don't you just love summer and the fruits that she brings? I could not wait for this weekend and specifically peaches! I was planning to make a peach cobbler, but instead found a recipe that my grandmother gave me when I was just a girl. I had the most fun making her Fruit Pudding Cake. Maw-maw just wrote the recipe on a piece of paper when I visited during a summer. I have no idea how I have been able to hold on to it all of these years!


The paper is a little worn and can you believe that I got non-stick cooking spray on it, when I sprayed my pan?! geez, I guess that's what happens when you use these things! I am going to find one of those protective sheet covers and slip it in; soon!
I peeled about half a dozen or so peaches. Mixed my batter...she said that it should look like pancake batter, hmmm...




Pour the batter in the pan and then put your fruit on top. Yes, on top!



I baked my pudding cake at 350 degrees for what seemed like, forever! But, probably only 45 minutes or so. I waited until it browned and pulled away from the sides of the pan and then relied on the very technical toothpick tester! It came out clean!!! It's really dense and moist.


What do you eat with your homemade pudding cake? Here, we have yummy homemade vanilla ice cream!


I used the Cuisinart recipe. It's pretty good.



Your container should be frozen at least overnight. I keep mine in the freezer just in case!


now you gotta wait, wait, wait....


Just couldn't stand it any longer! Had to sample! Yummy! So worth the wait.



Now can I spend a little time with my summer read? Just a few minutes.....well, what's going on the kitchen, now?


The man is getting out all the spices. He's got a gift, the man can COOK!

Looks like a grillin' day! Whoohoo!

What's in the foil?? Hungh? Hungh????

Fresh salmon with rosemary from the garden! Oh, it's gonna be good!


Will you look at the rewards! We made a run to the produce stand and stopped on the side of the road where a farmer was selling corn on the cob! The Man puts them on the grill with their shucks still in tact. Oh so sweet and tender! He stuffed the pablano peppers with cheese and the zucchini is so fresh and crisp, sweet red peppers grill so good. And, the garlic he seasoned and wrapped in foil; it's just like butter in the pods! Melt in your mouth good!

The salmon was the best!


Dessert anyone? It was so good! What a perfect end to a meal. Hope you had a great weekend too!
Now, maybe I can get to my book!

No comments: